Sunday, June 23, 2019

Two Week Recap

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind, and I unfortunately did not get many pictures. :(
Thank you to all who families who have attended our events and helped on the field trip. Your support means so much, we couldn't do it without you all!

The talent show was just awesome! The kids worked so hard on their performances and ended up performing 4X!


We read, "Beetle Bop" by Denise Fleming
We made jars of bugs and used glow in the dark glue to create lightening bugs. We closed the shutters, turned off the lights and showcased our glowing bugs with the soundtrack of crickets in the background.




We read "I hear a pickle" by Rachel Isadora

Focussing on our 5 senses we ate a strawberry mindfully. Later that afternoon we had an opportunity to do it with a piece of watermelon. The kids really took time to observe and describe the two different fruits in great detail.







We read "If I Built a Car" and the kids drew blueprints for their own vehicle designs. 







Sports Day was a huge success! It was the best Sports Day I have ever had with a Kindergarten class. The kids all showed great cooperation, listening, and sportsmanship. I am very proud of them! 



The SPCA fundraiser was a huge success. The girls managed to raise $84 to help animals, Way to go!!! 
I am very inspired by all the kindness ninja projects happening in our classroom and next week,  I will be cutting off 10 inches of my ponytail to donate to "Wig for Kids BC".  They have recently had a decrease in donations and are in need of hair. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Week Recap

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind, and I unfortunately did not get many pictures. :( Thank you to all who families who have attended...